Monday, May 18, 2015

IUI Cycle #2: TWW Confessions - Week #1

Here we go, the TWO WEEK WAIT!!!!!

For IUI Cycle #1, during the Two Week Wait (Week 1Week 2), I tracked my "symptoms" and feelings. I felt good doing that because I had a lot going on in my mind and it provided a good release for me. It also helped with my obsessive Google-Tendencies. Since I now know what to expect from the Progesterone... and the Trigger Shot... I'm hoping that this TWW will not be as stressful or crazy.

"These are my confessions..." I keep singing Usher's song in my head! :)

1dpIUI (5/12)

So the TWW begins....! Do you hear ominous music playing in the background? That's how the TWW feels at times. Today, I feel good! Just like a normal day... However, I know I have to start the Progesterone Vaginal Suppositories tonight...!! I didn't have the best reaction to it. The trickery side-effects that mimic early pregnancy signs are no fun. You get excited, but then think "Is it the progesterone?" Here we go, like it or not! I'm also going to start drinking POM juice again (Yuck). I was going to try acupuncture this Cycle, but life got in the way and there was no time to fit it into the calendar. Bummer. 


Overall, I'm feeling good! I figure, if the magic happened - it is already in the process... Trying to be optimistic, but with the real expectation that the TWW might not have any excitement at the end of it. For now though, I'll be optimistic - believe and pray that this *can* be it - that this *can* work. In the back of my mind I keep thinking, "This is it." 

2dpIUI (5/13) 

One day of Progesterone thus far. Not sure if everything is related to the Progesterone or just other stuff. But, here is what I experienced today: vivid dreams, bloating, tiredness, emotional, headache. 

Secret obsession: reading other Single Mothers by Choice blogs! Most of the ones I found have already had their children. I like reading back to the entries when they first started trying, how the TWW went for them, and when they got their BFP's :) Great knowing there are success stories out there. 

3dpIUI (5/14) 

Two days of Progesterone and now the "pee in the middle of the night" thing has started. Along with the excessive tiredness & vivid dreams. I went to sleep at 8pm and was STILL tired when I got up at 5:30am. Maybe because of my 2:30am wakeup call? 

Secret obsession: watching YouTube Videos on conception, IUI's, and the stages of an embryo. I've also been watching YouTube videos on others going through fertility treatments (IUI/IVF). Things have to line up so perfectly to get pregnant. It's a wonder that we have an overpopulation problem! How do people get pregnant these days and how are there so many people in the world? Conception is such a complicated science. 

4dpIUI (5/15) 

Same symptoms! Headaches have subsided some. Second night going to sleep at 8pm! Starting to get doubts that the cycle worked :(  But trying to remain positive. 

Secret Purchase: in trying to be positive with adopting Little Guy and with being positive with believing that I will eventually be successful with TTC, I bought this book :) Little Guy loves to read, so *when* it's time, we'll start reading about bringing a new baby home. 

5dpIUI (5/16)

Added to everything else, now I'm experiencing back pain...! If the month wasn't so busy I would be working out more. I need to really start getting back into yoga. I think it might help my back pain. Zumba is too vigorous while TTC, don't want to hinder implantation, so going to hold back on that for a little while anyways. 

I'm starting to feel like I have no clue if this cycle worked... TWW, you're killing me! 

Secret Confession: I've eaten at fast food places! I've had In-N-Out -- twice!!! Eek! My first IUI cycle, I was so good about eating. This time I'm just doing what I would normally do... Which just happens to be - I eat fast food a few times a week on busy days. 

6dpIUI (5/17)

Adding onto the the things I've mentioned (which have continued), today I started feeling congested and had a runny nose. I also broke out a little on my face! Which isn't normal for me at all. Darn progesterone!!! I'm not 100% sure that these things are related to the progesterone, but it's so easy to blame the progesterone. ;) 

Secret Confession: I got a pedicure last week and they have those massage chairs. I totally forgot that I read somewhere that it's not good to get a massage in early pregnancy. It wasn't a "real" massage! I didn't even think about it until the massage was almost over, too late by then. But it freaked me out a little bit that it may impact implantation or something. Overly worried, I'm sure! If it's going to happen, it'll happen... Or that's what I keep telling myself.

7dpIUI (5/18)

I am officially HALF-WAY through the TWW!!! Woot! Surprisingly, the week went by relatively quickly. I was pretty busy, so that helped a ton. Today, I am having some cramps in my uterus. AF maybe? Or side-effect to progesterone? Who knows...  

Secret Confession: Last time I was on the TWW, I admitted to being a POAS-a-Holic (pee on a stick). That hasn't changed. This time, the focus is to test out my trigger. I started testing it out this morning and it's still there (slightly). Like you REALLY have to squint to see it. One more week to go before I find out if this cycle was successful. 

It's hard to wait around for something that you know might never happen, but it's even harder to give up, when you know it's everything you want.
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment