Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bad Doctor?

I chose my fertility clinic based on searches, reviews, and results. I didn't really know what to look for or how to find it at the time. A friend of mine made a comment that she DID NOT recommend my doctor for fertility treatments. It was a random post on a Facebook group that we are members of. I asked her why (she doesn't know I'm pursuing AI). Turns out she had a horrible experience with him, said he was in it for the money, etc.

This prompted me to look up more specific reviews and I came across mixed results. Some absolutely LOVE this doctor - others absolutely HATE this doctor. Most of the ones that had negative reviews all made similar comments that my friend did.

Interesting...

It made me think if I was with the right fertility clinic...! With all the $$ and time I'm dedicating to this, I want to be at the right place.

My conclusion (for now) - I have had an amazing experience with them so far. They have always been prompt, informative of my insurance benefits, and explaining the process/results. Yes, it's a bit pricey... even with the insurance coverage. However, I am also "high risk" with my weight, irregular periods, and diabetes - so all the extra tests and screening are necessary for me.

However, I am keeping this in the back of my mind -- just in case my viewpoint or experience changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment