Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Visitation Frustration

Little Miss was supposed to have a visit today with her Birth Mother (BM) and a sibling. Yesterday, I texted the Parent Aide (PA) to confirm the visit. No response.

A PA is the person that picks up and transports foster children to supervised visits. They also observe the visit and make notations. They are "contracted out" and do not work for the State directly. 

I moved forward as if the visit was going to happen by packing the diaper bag and notifying the daycare provider.

I receive a text AFTER Little Miss was supposed to get picked up saying "Sorry for the late reply. Visit is tomorrow."

Really? Seriously? Late reply... no reply.

I responded with asking if the visit for Friday was still on - NO RESPONSE. Visits are supposed to be Wednesdays and Fridays.

Very frustrating. Lack of communication, lack of notification - makes it extremely difficult to schedule anything.

GRRRR.

I have to admit, this is my NUMBER 1 frustration of being a foster parent is working with people that are incompetent in performing their jobs. They put foster parents in limbo.

Rant over. I'm going to talk to this PA when she drops off Little Miss after her visit tomorrow with expectations on notifying of changes to the normal schedule. Let's see how that goes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment