Sunday, January 11, 2015

Meeting Little Miss

I went to the shelter to meet Little Miss today. It was very sad seeing all the little ones in the shelter... We really do need more foster homes or more preventative services for birth families - so it doesn't come to this.

There were some behaviors by Little Miss, but nothing too crazy. Typical toddler behavior that will just have to be watched and corrected, like tantrums and hitting. It took her a little while to warm up to me. She does seem a bit speech delayed, but may just be the circumstances. She sat on my lap during snack time, but only let me hold her once. She even called me "Mama"... Which is normal for little ones in foster care to do. She was upset when I left... 

I've decided to move forward with taking her as a placement. I really thought about it today: 1) how will it impact Little Guy, 2) how will it impact our schedule, 3) if I have the dedication/time to devote to her. 

I think Little Guy will do well with her. He gets along with other kids really well. I am looking to put her on Little Guy's exact schedule -- so hoping she'll adjust within 2 weeks or so. I definitely have the time and passion to dedicate to her. 

I sent an email letting them know I wanted to take her. Should hear back tomorrow on when/if they'll allow her to move in. Also, hoping to hear more about her case tomorrow. 

Here's to Family C becoming a family of 3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment