Monday, January 26, 2015

Someone is WALKING now!!!

My Little Guy has been soooooo close to walking for a few months now. I really thought he'd start walking by Christmas. Well, yesterday 1/25 - my Little Guy is officially a WALKER!!!! He took 20 steps unassisted, even turned in a little circle in place. Then after that, he had the confidence to keep walking across the room! Yippee! So proud of him :)

Watching these milestones and seeing him be so happy... That's what life's all about. It brings such joy and love into my heart to have him in my life. He is such a blessing.

We have court next week and I have no clue what to expect. Every time I've gone to court, nothing ever goes the way I think it's going to go. I'm hoping for no more surprises and for things to just steadily move forward.

I just love him so much. As a foster parent, I know I'm supposed to be prepared for my foster children departing. But with the way his case has been going, I've already invested in the thought of adopting him every since the case plan changed to severance/adoption. He's also been my longest placement. He's been with me since birth and he's almost 14 months old.

<sigh>

I just want my Little Guy to have permanency. To not be bounced around. He doesn't realize all this is going on - right now. But if it were to progress longer, it might be an issue when he starts understanding. It shouldn't take almost 2 years for a baby to be either be reunified or adopted.

Sad system we have. Sad reality of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment